Monday, April 6, 2020

April 6

There is a curious despair to seeing no endpoint to your daily routine.  No festivals or gatherings or vacations; no first or last days of school; nothing to differentiate one grieve slog from the next.  Two years of this I cannot fathom, but I am beginning to think that is what we have in store.

It is perhaps this lack of differentiation that is making me cling all the harder to those very few shifts I know will arrive.  In eight weeks, I will be done with my SLP job.  Oddly, despite the decimation of my music career, I still feel good about this shift. I simply don't have the brain capacity anymore to be pulled in different directions.  This may be a sign of my impending cognitive decline, but I have to meet myself where I am.

So that is one very small thing to look forward to.

No comments: