Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wrong or Left


Among the difficulties -abundant, faintly ridiculous- of having an ethicist for a parent is susceptibility to something I like to call the ethicicity coma. To the definition mobile! Ethicicity is a marvelous word I made up approximately 48 minutes ago. Coma is a state of profound inactivity. An ethicicity coma results when two or more ethical imperatives collide, like weather fronts, and proceed to ravage those defenseless farming communities, your frontal and temporal lobes. Eyes glaze. Mental activity grinds to a halt. You either have to sleep it off or retire to a corner with your drink.

I figure I've gone under three or four times this year and I'm running out of both sleep and liquor. What happens next? Whatever it is, it's going to be fun.

No comments: