Monday, July 23, 2018

Hello!

Do you have things you want profoundly, but only in the future or the past?

I often feel this way about socializing.  I am a substantially happier person when I socialize. I'm always glad when I've done it, and I very much want to do more in future.  I'm an introvert, but a very socially oriented one; I know that life is made up of relationships encompassing and glancing, and I find time with others deeply rewarding....

....later.  Or tomorrow.  Just maybe not right this second.

Mostly I've learned to work around myself on this one, but the fatigue is a hurdle I have to clear each and every time I undertake to expand my social circle and forge new connections.

I'm actively seeking out new friendships at the moment, because while I have made some wonderful friends in St. Louis, I'd like to make more connections in my immediate neighborhood.  I know it's a good idea.  All the times in my adult life during which I've actively undertaken to make new friends (the last couple of times I've moved; the last time I had a child) have proved incredibly rewarding. Not every interaction bears fruit, but many of them do, whether that fruit is a deep and lasting friendship or just someone to tell you where to get the good cheese.  I want to do it and I know I will be glad to have done it.

In a minute.  Or two.


No comments: