Sunday, March 22, 2020

March 21

First day of Spring.  It is snowing.  Figures.

I know I have much to be grateful for during this time, like relative youth, a house, a lack of major financial instability.  But I'm too grumpy to be grateful.  I hate being a stay-at-home-parent with a fiery passion, and being a forced stay-at-home-parent who is also trying to work is worse.  I hate the constant demands on my attention, the endless household chores, the constant sensory bombardment, the company of the immature, the lack of ability to produce any creative work, the fact that parenting is never done and can never be crossed off, mommy, hey mommy, mommy mommy MOMMY.  This sucks balls.  And the people who are telling me to enjoy myself or woman up can go suck balls, too.

2 comments:

Hana said...

I hear you. This is hard.

But also, March 19 was the first day of Spring this year.

Anne said...

Hahaha...what?