Monday, July 13, 2020

My Pandemic Week

Last week was the same as the week before, which was the same as the week before, etc. etc.

But I will try to effect differentiation:

1) We had a nice time at Tilles Park on Saturday.  Margaret is an explorer- so unlike her brother.  She plunged fearlessly up steep slopes and down hills; tried to brain herself on bleachers; leaned out over the water.  We saw a fountain and got very close to ducks; we watched a family catch a fish.  The sky was a very deep blue and the breeze made everything bearable.

2) There is such vitriol around school reopening.  I predicted this at the outset -that we would open the bars and shaft the children- and I am so very sorry to see that I was right.  The thought of having to attempt remote learning next year is making me nauseous.  The region's plan is supposed to be announced next Monday, so we'll see.

3) We're watching chicken run at night.  I cannot seem to keep my attention on it.

4) My herbs are giving me great satisfaction.  They perch just outside the back door.  I've made a pasta dish with them, and David has made some drinks.  Why don't I do herbs as a matter of course?  Oh, that's right.  Because I'm away and they die.

5) I've booked an exorbitantly expensive two-night stay in the middle of nowhere for early August, because the sameness is so very oppressive.

6) I need more social contact but reaching out makes me so tired.  And everyone is full of anger and fear.

7) More than a week ago, but we did hold a Zoom birthday party for Margaret.  It was nice.

No comments: